The week ended on a strong note. Here’s what I learned:
1) Don’t cry about working hard. Just get the job done.
Pity parties are infinitely more annoying when the goals and hard work are self-imposed. Nobody cares because everyone else works just as hard as you. 80 hour weeks in the bank, weekends at the firm, 3 AM calls from the hospital, broken finger with 0:04 left in the Super Bowl. You want it, go get it.
2) Karate Kid theme song
You know the song by Joe Esposito, “You’re the Best Around”? It was actually written for Rocky 3, which is why there’s the line “history repeats itself”, since Rocky wins again. Esposito tried to make the song along the same lines as Survivor, who wrote the first Rocky themes. But it was rejected, so Esposito took it around Hollywood until a producer realized it was jabroni gold. The more you know.
3) Speaking of jabroni gold…
The bachelor party will be done entirely in black beaters and the music will come entirely from mix CDs. DJ Bro-ni in the house, bitches.
Goals from the week:
1) Invitations were mailed out, but hand deliveries haven’t finished yet. It turned out we ran a little short on the first batch. Call it half-done.
2) Kind of decided on tux style but haven’t locked it down
3) Fell short on workouts but satisfied nonetheless. Will add more.
4) Missed a few days
5) Got the juggling but not the sleight of hand
6) Nailed the halo
7) Not even close to stretching every day
8) 330 quiz questions, 68% right. Would fail exams.
9) Hovering at 163 lbs. Can not outrun a bad diet
Verdict: A good week. Not quite there but definitely better.